Arturia KeyStep Controller
KeyStep is a new breed of portable musical tool combining the functionalities of a keyboard controller with a polyphonic step sequencer to control both analog and digital devices.
The design of the KeyStep is based entirely on this vision. Going straight to the point, skating over the constraints and letting musicians focus on their art are KeyStep’s ambitions. Whether your setup is analog or digital, KeyStep will allow you to reach a whole new level of control and creativity.
KeyStep is made to widen the potential of your setup, regardless of what instruments compose it. It is compatible with practically all existing synthesizers, either analog or digital, hardware or software.
The three CV outputs send pitch and gate signals along with velocity, aftertouch or mod. ribbon signal to control an analog instrument or module.
The MIDI DIN output can be used to control any MIDI hardware instrument while the USB connection allows you to control your plugins and virtual instruments.
KeyStep also integrates a socket for a sustain pedal, sync input and output to follow or send a clock signal, and MIDI input to use an external keyboard or use KeyStep as a MIDI to CV converter.
Arturia’s own Slimkey keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- Up, Down, Inclusive, Exclusive, Random, Walk, Pattern and Order
- 8 polyphonic step-sequences with Rest, Tie, and Legato note entry
- REC, PLAY, and STOP buttons for performance control over the sequencer and arpeggiator
Octave controls for keyboard and arpeggiator
Sustain HOLD button
Sustain pedal jack
Chord play mode
SHIFT button selection:
- MIDI channel selection, GATE time, SWING values
DC jack for standalone operation
USB MIDI connects to computers and our MCC editor
Sync i/o ports:
- Supports 1 pulse per step, 2 PPQ (Korg Volca), 24 PPQ DIN sync, 48 PPQ DIN sync
Sync select switches:
- Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock
- CV supports 1Volt per octave, Volt>Hz modes, Gate output 5V or 12V for modern or vintage gear support
- CV Velo/Aftertouch/Modwheel output