The MIDAS microphone preamplifier is considered by leading live sound and recording engineers to be the very essence of the famous MIDAS sound. More than 40 years of design experience paired with the finest choice of premium-grade components lead to the acclaimed warmth and depth - bringing out subtle ambience, maintaining spatial positioning and more effectively capturing a precise sound image. The acclaimed sound of the award-winning MIDAS microphone preamplifier has inspired generations of live sound engineers to their best work, creating sonic panoramas that have captivated audiences worldwide.
Since pristine sound always begins with the microphone preamplifier, the first point where the signal enters the console, DL251 features the latest generation of MIDAS microphone preamplifiers, which faithfully reproduce every sonic detail so no part of a performance will ever be missed. Transparent and pristine sound, low noise and high common-mode rejection are all hallmarks of this classic design.
The DL251 features 16 active servo-balanced low impedance line level outputs with high output current capability for driving long cable runs. A recessed ‘Mute All Outputs’ switch on the rear panel allows quiet and safe re-patching of cables, even during a show.
DL251 supports multiple sample rates for the AES50 connections - 96 kHz for use with MIDAS PRO Series, and 48 kHz for use with MIDAS M32 Series.
All configuration settings for DL251 can be set either remotely from the mixing console, or directly via the intuitive and easy to understand front panel. DL251 features front panel switches for all configuration options with LED status indicators, which provide highly visible feedback of operational status over wide viewing angles and distances.
Clear indication is provided of power supply output rail condition, AES50 and Ethernet network connection status and activity, choice of internal or external clock synchronisation, unit identification and communication mode setting.
The DL251 also features dual-redundant power supplies, which are auto-voltage sensing for use on a worldwide basis and provide seamless switchover in the unlikely event of a loss of one power supply.
- 48 award-winning MIDAS microphone preamplifiers with switchable +48 V phantom power
- 16 actively balanced low impedance line level outputs
- Selectable 96 kHz or 48 kHz sample rate operation
- Remote operation up to 100 m via CAT5/5e cable
- All settings programmable from front panel controls or console
- PSU status indicator LEDs and configuration switches on front panel
- 3 AES50 network ports for redundant connections
- MIDI In, Out and Thru connectors
- Features Neutrik etherCON* AES50 network ports
- Rugged 5U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Dual redundant auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supplies
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.